Event, like, next week?
Check out these simple ideas to give your event a green boost at short notice.
Not only are they super-quick and easy to put in place, they also make a meaningful difference to the sustainability of your event.
Back of the net!
The Easy Wins
- Ask staff not to give plastic straws with drinks unless the customer asks for one. Better still, banish straws from the bar!
- Put jugs of drinking water on the bar for people to help themselves to.
- Ask staff to refill customers’ glass if requested instead of automatically using a clean one.
- Provide space for leaflets and posters from local environmental groups. Or, if you can, give space to a stall for green products, projects or promotions.
- Put signs up to encourage green behaviour in your audience:
- PLEASE SAVE WATER
- THANK YOU FOR RECYCLING
- TAKE YOUR LITTER HOME
- BUS STOP THIS WAY
- Laminate signs and save them for the next event.
- Offer small incentives for green behaviour, such traveling to the event by bike or on foot, or bringing own reusable cup:
- free programme
- drinks offers
- Promote bus timetables and travel information in the entrance/exit area.
- Make a note of your power use and where you might be able to save energy. If you are using generators, work out the difference between your estimate and how much you actually used to make sure you order the right sized generator next time.
- Ask food stalls to provide a vegan option. Bonus points if its not chips (but chips will definitely do!)